University of Idaho Athletics is committed to being a good partner in the Pacific Northwest community through its support of charitable and non-profit organizations. The Vandal Athletics department receives hundreds of requests for donated item(s) each year, but unfortunately, it is not possible to accommodate all of these requests. Therefore, the following policies have been implemented regarding donated items:
· At the beginning of each season, the marketing and ticket offices will designate a limited number of tickets for football, volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball games for donation purposes. Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. When the allotment of tickets is gone, no further requests will be accepted.
· Organizations are limited to one request for donated tickets per academic year.
· Maximum of four (4) tickets for football.
· Donations are limited to non-profit, charitable and education programs (grades K-8) located in the Pacific Northwest.
· The University of Idaho cannot provide any donations to assist fundraising at the high school level (grades 9-12). Students at this age may be considered prospective athletes and it would be a violation of NCAA policy to donate.
· All requests must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to your event.
· Tickets will not be provided for “neutral site”, away games, or post-season events.
· Donation form must be completed and approved by Director of Compliance.
· Item to be autographed must be provided by requesting party.
· Autographed items are not available for individuals as a gift or personal keepsake.
· If the item will be provided for auction, Vandal Athletics will provide the requesting party with a certificate that will be redeemed by the winning bidder for the autograph. Item can be personalized, if requested.
· Items that are requested outside of autographs and tickets will be handled by a case by case basis and approved by the Director of Compliance.
· Requests for any items to be mailed from Vandal Athletics must be accompanied by self-addressed and prepaid envelope, please ensure that postage is suitable for the requested item(s).
· Allow 4-6 weeks for all donation requests.
Organizations must include documentation containing specific information on the organization making the request and the exact purpose for which the item(s), or funds generated from them, will be used. This documentation may include an official event brochure, flyer, or explanatory email or letter and should reference the organization’s 501(c)(3) status.
For more information regarding donations, please contact the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing.