|Vandals honored at annual banquet|
Receiver Mike Scott, safety Gary Walker and kicker Trey Farquhar were the Players of the Year for the 2012 University of Idaho football team, which had its annual award banquet Saturday night at the Student Union Ballroom.
Scott, a senior from East Palo Alto, Calif., received the Offensive Player of the Year Award after leading the Vandals in receptions with 60 catches for 666 yards. Four of his receptions went for touchdowns.
Walker, a senior from Redlands, Calif., led the Vandals defensively with 99 total tackles – 57 solo and 42 assists. He also had two tackles for loss and six pass breakups. He returned his lone interception 94. He also had one fumble recovery and one forced fumble.
Farquhar, a senior from Redlands, Calif., leaves as the Vandals’ record-setting kicker. He connected on 19 of 25 field goals in 2012 to take over the No. 1 career record spot in field goal attempts (84), field goals made (60), field goal percentage (71.4) and field goals of 50 or more yards (11). Twice he had successful field goals of 55 yards. He was a Lou Groza Award semifinalist as a senior.
Also honored during the evening were:
· ~ Captain Awards
o Cornerback Aaron Grymes, senior, Seattle, Wash.
o Receiver Mike Scott, senior, East Palo Alto., Calif.
o Punter Bobby Cowan, senior, Vancouver, Wash.
· ~ Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year: Mason Woods, freshman, offensive line, Port Coquitlam, B.C.
· ~ Defensive Scout Team Player of the Year: Addison Palomino, freshman, linebacker, Phoenix, Ariz.
· ~ Special Teams Scout Team Player of the Year: Ringo Robinson, freshman, linebacker, Caldwell, Idaho
· ~ Special Teams Ironman: Justin Parkins, sophomore, running back, Moscow, Idaho
· ~ Wayne Anderson Coaches Award: Maxx Forde, sophomore, defensive end, Woodinville, Wash.
· ~ Kathy Clark Scholar-Athlete Award: Mike Marboe, sophomore, center, Wenatchee, Wash.
· ~ Hec Edmundson Most Inspirational Award: Robert Siavii, senior, linebacker, Wahaiwa, Hawai`i
· ~ Vandal Pride Strength Award: Bobby Cowan, senior, punter, Vancouver, Wash.
· ~ Wayne Walker Ironman Award: Cody Elenz, freshman, offensive tackle, Copperas Cove, Texas