|2012 Hall of Fame class announced|
Vandals of legendary status will be honored this fall at the fourth Vandal Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
“We are tremendously proud to announce the 2012 Vandal Athletes Hall of Fame class,” Director of Athletics Rob Spear said. “This group embodies the pillars of Vandal Athletics: Pride, tradition and excellence.
“These new members have contributed to the successes of the University of Idaho Department of Athletics through competitive excellence and charitable giving. I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to them.”
The 2012 class – the fourth since the Hall of Fame was founded in 2007, includes:
· Longtime supporter Jim Anderson in the lifetime contributions category
· Baseball and football standout Dick Mooney, who also is recognized for his lifetime contributions
· Tennis standout Patty Shanander
· Tennis standout Cathy Shanander-Law
· Basketball standout Riley Smith
· 1966 baseball team
In the Legacy category, Vandal Athletics is honoring:
· Track and field star Vic Dyrgall
· Composer Morey O'Donnell (Go Vandals Go, the Idaho fight song)
· Track and field star Pat Perrine
· Coach Frank Young (boxing)
The 2012 Vandal Athletics Hall of Fame Banquet and Induction ceremony is Sept. 21 with the Hall of Fame football game vs. Wyoming on Sept. 22.