|Bob Curtis passes away at 87|
Legendary University of Idaho broadcaster Bob Curtis died Wednesday night at his home at Colfax, Wash. Curtis was 87. His service is Friday, Aug. 3, at 10 a.m. at the Baptist Church at Colfax, Wash.
Following is a brief summary of his career:
· Called 540 consecutive football games
· Member of the:
o Vandal Athletics Hall of Fame
o North Idaho Hall of Fame
o Inland Empire Hall of Fame
· Recipient of the 2008 National Football Foundation Chris Schenkel Award
· Was the Idaho Sportscaster of the Year 33 times as chosen by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
· Throughout a 50-year span, he called 540 consecutive football games (this includes one season when he had hip replacement surgery during a bye week and was back at the microphone for the next game)
· Also called hundreds of basketball games
· Of the many athletes he watched during his years in the press box and courtside, 41 are in the Vandal Athletics Hall of Fame.