|Men's tennis falls|
FRESNO, Calif. - The Idaho men's tennis team suffered a pair of losses Sunday as No. 29 Santa Clara topped Idaho 7-0 and Wisconsin picked up a 4-2 victory over Idaho.
The Broncos picked up the doubles point with victories in all three doubles matches, before sweeping through singles play. Idaho's Marius Cirstea fell 6-4, 6-1 to Kyle Dandan, the No. 106 singles player in the country. Abid Akbar lost 6-4, 7-6 at No. 2 singles and Cristobal Ramos-Salazar fell in a three-setter in the match.
Against Wisconsin, Ramos Salazar and Cesar Torres were able to pick up singles wins at the No. 2 and 5 positions, but the Badgers clinched the victory by winning at the other four spots. The doubles point was not played in that match.
The Vandals fall to 8-8 on the season with the losses. Idaho will open Western Athletic Conference play against Fresno State on Tuesday before leaving California.
No. 29 Santa Clara 7, Idaho 0
Complete results not available at this time
Wisconsin, 4 Idaho, 2
Spalding G. Wathen Tennis Center
1. Fred Ask (W) def. Abid Akbar (I), 6-4, 7-5
2. Cristobal Ramos-Salazar (I) def. Alex Kostanov (W), 6-2, 7-5
3. Rod Carey (W) def. Jose Bendeck (I), 6-4, 6-4
4. Petr Satral (W) def. Alan Shin (I), 6-1, 6-3
5. Cesar Torres (I) def. Quinton Vega (W), 6-1, 4-6, 7-5
6. Andrew Quirk (W) def. Andrew Dobbs (I), 4-6, 7-5, 6-1