|Women's tennis falls to No. 44 BSU|
PULLMAN, Wash. -- Facing one of its toughest opponents of the season, the Idaho women's tennis team fell 6-1 to No. 44 Boise State on Sunday in the Western Athletic Conference opener on the campus of Washington State University.
The Vandals fall to 4-2 on the season. while Boise State improves to 7-2.
Molly Knox won Idaho's lone point of the match, as she won the first set of her No. 5 singles match 6-3, and was leading 3-2 in the second set when her opponent retired.
Lauren Simpson won the first set at No. 1 singles, 6-3, but well 6-3, 6-2 in the final two sets.
Boise State won all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point.
The Vandals return to action on Feb. 27 when they face Montana in Cheney, Wash.
University of Idaho vs. Boise State University
February 20, 2011 – Pullman, WA
1. Megale/Pietzuch (BSU) def. V. Lozano/Simpson (UI) – 8-5
2. Jasper/Vo (BSU) def. Ly/Knox (UI) – 8-4
3. Basil/Klamczynska (BSU) def. Maciocha/Irimescu (UI) – 8-1
1. Lauren Megale (BSU) def. Lauren Simpson (UI) – 3-6,6-3,6-2
2. Sonia Klamczynska (BSU) def. Victoria Lozano (UI) – 6-0,6-1
3. Stephanie Jasper (BSU) def. Silvia Irimescu (UI) – 6-0,6-2
4. Marlena Pietzuch (BSU) def. Barbara Maciocha (UI) – 6-1,6-4
5. Molly Knox (UI) def. Sandy Vo (BSU) – 6-3,3-2 ret.
6. Morgan Basil (BSU) def. Yvette Ly (UI) – 7-6,6-1