Time Management Tips
· Create semester schedule. Include due dates, test dates, and other important events.
· Use your semester schedule as a basis to create an hour-based weekly schedule.
· Schedule fixed blocks of time first.
· Schedule time for daily activities:
· Plan for a minimum of 2 hours of study time for every hour in class.
· Schedule time for fun.
· Allow for flexibility in your schedule.
· Use a daily TO DO list to accomplish goals and prioritize tasks.
· Learn to say NO.
Managing Study Time
· Spend 15 – 20 minutes a day per class reviewing notes and clarifying points.
· Avoid marathon study sessions.
- Schedule 2 hour study sessions
- Take a 10 minute break every hour
- Avoid studying similar subjects together
· Set specific study goals for each session.
· Study during your best time of day.
· Use a regular study area.
· Study in the library.
· Try to study during daylight hours.
Info from: UI Tutoring and Academic Assistance Programs
Source: Becoming a Master Student, by David Ellis. 1997